We are looking for Changemakers?
Join our Committee and Create Change
The Mundaring Chamber of Commerce will be holding their Annual General Meeting on Wednesday the 14th July 2021, this is always an exciting time for the Chamber as we look to expand and invigorate our committee.
As a committee, we strive to make the Shire of Mundaring and surrounds a first-class community to live and do business! To achieve this goal we need a team of action-orientated changemakers, those who are willing to work for the good of the local business community.
So, what is the Mundaring Chamber of Commerce’s Committee all about?
Every incorporated association has a select group of people who are tasked to manage the organisation and ensure that everything is running smoothly. We are no different. We function in much the same way as a Board does on a company.
In a nutshell, the Chamber Committee’s main roles are:
- Managing the association’s financial affairs and maintaining its financial viability.
- Ensuring the association acts in accordance with its vision, mission and objectives, and
- Meeting all legal requirements.
But there’s way more to it than that. We meet on a monthly basis to get our heads together and come up with new ways to support our members, plan events, develop fundraising ideas, discuss issues facing our business community and solutions to overcome them, meet with local, state and federal politicians, grow our membership and ultimately, give local business a voice.
Have you ever found yourself saying “It would be great if the Chamber did this?” and do you enjoy brainstorming ideas with people and then putting plans in place to progress those ideas? Then perhaps joining the committee is the right platform for you to help facilitate the change you feel the business community needs?
Some other benefits you might find in being a committee member are:
- Working together as part of the committee, towards our collective goals, can provide fulfilment that enables you to see the direct impact of your work.
- Being part of the Chamber’s committee provides an excellent training ground for improving your leadership skills. You know what they say, learning comes in many forms. Sitting on the committee means you will be surrounded by years of collective knowledge and experience.
- The Chamber’s committee is a great place to get to know a different group of people that have similar passions and shared vision. It can help you build strong relationships, not only in the Mundaring shire but also in our neighbouring communities of Kalamunda and Swan.
- Being a committee member is also about sharing your knowledge and helping others improve their knowledge and experience. As we give, we grow personally and professionally.
- It gives you the opportunity to give back to your community by making a difference, speaking on behalf of your fellow business owners, making strategic decisions and giving the business community a voice.
If you would like to know more please contact either the Chamber President, Patrick Bertola on 0428 316 271 or our Executive Officer, Michelle Garvin on 0432 857720, or come to our July networking sundowner and AGM. There will be no pressure for you to join the committee, but it is the perfect opportunity to meet some passionate business owners from your local area. Book your ticket here: ticket to AGM.