Our November Networking Sundowner provided businesses the opportunity to find out the latest Chamber happenings, as well as to meet the team at Amaroo Retreat and Spa, winners of Mundaring Chamber of Commerce Overall Business of the Year, New Business of the Year and Environmental Business of the Year at the Business Excellence Awards 2018 AND winners of a silver award at the recent 2018 Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards.
All Shire Councilors were invited along on the evening so we could present to them the initiatives that the local business community has recently indicated it would like the Chamber, Council and Shire to pursue.
These initiatives include:
- Funding for a dedicated Business Liaison/Engagement resource
- Shire of Mundaring to commit funding to a tourism and economic development strategy
- Revisit the Lake Leschenaultia Master Plan
- RV Dump Point, Overnight Rest Area & Caravan Park
- Identify and build on opportunities surrounding Bellevue Station
The evening was a huge success and we had a great time being treated to the amazing facilities of Amaroo Retreat. Amaroo iteslf provides the perfect example of how environmentally sustainable tourism can be of a high standard, meet visitor needs and be in keeping with the natural environment and wishes of the local community.
Amaroo took the opportunity to generously donate their recent award prize money to Mount Helena Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade as a gift of appreciation and thanks for all that the bush fire brigade do for our community.