Advocacy Policies 2022
Mundaring Chamber of Commerce provides a voice for local business. We advocate on behalf of our business community to ensure local government policies support and encourage the business activity required by a vibrant, sustainable community.
Advocacy policies for 2022 include:
- Economic Development and Tourism Strategy: Several Mundaring Chamber of Commerce committee members are on the Shire of Mundaring Economic Development and Tourism Informing Strategy Reference Group and are working with the Shire and Council to formulate an Economic Development and Tourism Informing Strategy, in order to create an environment in which a sustainable level of economic growth for local business and tourism can occur.
- Economic Development Officer: The Mundaring Chamber of Commerce will continue to advocate for the Shire of Mundaring to fund a dedicated Economic Development Officer to assist in attracting new businesses to Mundaring, encouraging investment opportunities, increasing job opportunities, promoting leisure and tourism, and identifying opportunities for sustainable growth and development.
- Business Liaison Officer: The Mundaring Chamber of Commerce will continue to advocate for the Shire of Mundaring to fund a dedicated Business Liaison Officer who can be a point of contact to assist local businesses in navigating the complexities of starting, developing or operating a business in the Shire of Mundaring.
- Dump point for caravans and overnight rest area: We claim to be an RV Friendly Town. Let’s back this claim up by offering a rest area for travellers and a dump point.
- COVID-19 Support and Assistance: We will continue to represent our members and business community in order for them to receive appropriate levels of advice and guidance on economic relief and recovery initiatives and mechanisms in response to the continuing COVID-19 crisis.